卡特教練告訴他的球員們每年只有50%的學生能從瑞查蒙德高中畢業,
其中僅有6%的學生可以進入大學就讀。而沒繼續唸書的人去哪了呢?
在瑞查蒙德高中所處的鎮上,介於18到24歲間的黑人男性有33%將被逮捕入獄,
而生長於這個鎮的小孩進入監獄的機率比進入大學的機率高出80%。

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.
我們最大的恐懼 並不是因為我們不夠好

Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.
我們最大的恐懼 是我們超乎想像的能力

It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us.
我們害怕的是我們光明 而不是黑暗的一面

Your playing small does not serve the world.
畏縮的態度不能改變世界

There is nothing enlightened about shrinking
隱藏自己內在的潛能…
so that other people won't feel insecure around you.
並不會讓你身邊的人 覺得更有安全感

We are all meant to shine as children do.
我們都應該發揮最大的潛能 就像小孩子那樣

It's not just in some of us; it is in everyone.
不只是我們其中的幾位 每個人都一樣

And as we let our own lights shine,
當我們讓自己發光時…
we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same.
我們不自覺地影響到身邊的人 讓他們也能這麼做

As we are liberated from our own fear,
我們不但擺脫了自己的恐懼…
our presence automatically liberates others.
我們的存在也自然地解放了別人

以上南非總統Nelson Mandela總統發表於1994年就職典禮的演講,出自Marianne Williamson。


arrow
arrow
    全站熱搜

    Monster168 發表在 痞客邦 留言(0) 人氣()